It’s that time of year again. Here is the quiz from last year. Copy this years, fill it out in your own blog or Facebook, just put a link in my comments so I can read about your year.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Started my own business.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Mary’s girlfriends sister is the closest so “No”
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No again, Thank God.
5. What countries did you visit?
No traveling this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More vacation time.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 18th Chari’s back surgery….self explanitory.
July 17th, first wedding cake delivered.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Started a business from home, ran “most of” a half marathon.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Reverie I guess. Not in my control but still a failure.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Cake gear I’m sure….maybe business license.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Taylor: graduated, career, clean, sober. Fabulous.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Drug companies / Insurance companies / Greedy people who are more concerned for their nickels then their fellow humans.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, bills and Cake Gear.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Cakes. (Baking not eating)
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Um that would be Cake.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? a little happier
b) thinner or fatter? a little thinner
c) richer or poorer? a little richer (not really richer, just a little less in debt)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Traveled, visited friends.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Again, complain less about my sucky job.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Dinner at Katherines.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Ace of Cakes, Cake Challenge, Cake Boss….there is a theme I’m seeing.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Dont hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
Only read about 10 books, best one would be Glass Castle.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
Warm Summer and prolific garden.
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Oh, I saw quite a few…Slumdog, Precious, the Blind side and Reader were all good but Soloist was probably my favorite.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I worked on the new kitchen floor. Forty-Four.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More time with Chari.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Ha ha ha ha, fashion concept….. um, yoga pants.
32. What kept you sane?
Sane, did someone say I was sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Fancy is a strange term. I don’t go for the celebrity types.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Obama’s inauguration and the Health Care Reform debacle.
35. Who did you miss?
My Mom, every day.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Fondant is a pain, but look pretty.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Everywhere I’m turning
Nothing seems complete
I stand up and I’m searching
For the better part of me
I hang my head from sorrow
Slave to humanity
I wear it on my shoulders
Gotta find the strength in me