It’s that time of year again. Here is the quiz from last two years. 2008, 2009. Copy this years, fill it out in your own blog or Facebook, just put a link in my comments so I can read about your year.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Lost my job, spent hours and hours and hours looking for a job, spent most of the year unemployed. (Yes I realize this is more of an accomplishment question – whatever, I guess take and pass the bartending academy)
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes, No, Sorta. Next year I’m going to focus on positive thinking and….getting a job. Oh and writing more. (Not sure where my writing mojo went – gotta find it)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My uncle Tom.
5. What countries did you visit?
Again, no traveling this year. Heck I barely left Des Moines.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Would a job be to obvious of an answer? A job!
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 16th. Unceremoniously leaving my job.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Managing to work a booth at the farmers market, dog sit, contract gig and make ends meet while looking for work.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope. Bruised ego, but it repaired.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Booth at the farmers market this summer.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Charla for delving into therapy and sticking to it.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Farmers Market. Being appointed to the board of directors and meeting so many people in my community just being there every weekend.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
The song that reminds me of the year (not my circumstances but the year) because I heard it so much driving to and from bartending classes and its been so high on the charts all year is Bruno Mars “Just the way you are”
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Both. Sad that I am still without a job, however ultimately happier that I don’t have to go to the old one day after day.
b) thinner or fatter? Exactly the same.
c) richer or poorer? ha ha ha ha ha. Poorer financially anyway.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Traveled, visited friends. Hey that’s the same answer as last year. I really should do something about that.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being afraid. Because of the (you know what I’m gonna say) lack of work I feel I let the fear lead me to more complaining.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
All of my family at my house for a week. Awesome.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Must be Grays anatomy because I can’t even think of any other shows.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Don’t hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
Girl with the dragon tattoo, Girl who played with fire, Girl who kicked the hornet’s nest!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
There was so much music this year Bruno Mars, Lily Allen, Florence and the Machine, Eminen, Rhiana, Lady Gaga. But I guess the only “new” to me would be Bruno Mars.
26. What did you want and get?
Out of old oppressive job.
27. What did you want and not get?
New Job. (Same answer as last year but for a different reason)
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Built garden beds, Forty-Five.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lottery, or you know, getting a new job.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Dog park clothes, not really a fashion concept but more of a fashion consolation.
32. What kept you sane?
Lots of music.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Again, can’t think of one. Although I was surprised by an NPR interview early in the year of Kesha. She was thoughtful and intelligent and because of the interview I checked out her CD. It was also funny to hear “Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack ‘Cause when I leave for the night, I ain’t coming back” lyrics on NPR.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I must admit it’s the never-ending rise in the unemployment rate. Although the passing of Health Care reform bill and the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell are at the top of the list as well.
35. Who did you miss?
My Mom, every day.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
You get what you need, even if it’s at the last-minute.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Cause you’re amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for a while
Cause girl you’re amazing
Just the way you are