Yep, Yep, here we go…it is becoming a tradition, or simply a way to not lose the entire decade due to hormonal shifts in my make up. Here are the quiz’s from last few years. 2008, 2009 and 2010. Copy this years, fill it out in your own blog or Facebook, just put a link in my comments so I can read about your year.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I ran a couple of farmers markets and met lots of people because of it. Started Yoga.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
If you can call them resolutions, I sure did. I got a job, I focused on thinking positive, I wrote quite a bit and I did the 365 project all the way through. This year I am going to look into some classes, continue to look for work and focus on being happy.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nephew’s girlfriend and my Niece both had babies. So I am a great-aunt twice in 2011.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year. But lots of people I know lost parents this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
Down to Sacramento several times but no countries or anywhere else.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Less financial strife. Nothing material, just keep the happy coming.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 7th, opening day of the market.
November 14th, Charis second surgery.
December 21st, Charis third surgery.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Opening a new farmers market from the ground up. Running both markets successfully. Cobbling together my mortgage every month. Starting yoga and learning more about myself.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not spending enough time looking for a better job.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I did get a cold this fall. I don’t get them often and I hate them. Nothing else.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Chari’s continual chin up about all of her pain.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Can I just put in most of the politicians.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Being employed, meeting new people, fostering lots of new relationships, yoga, 365 project.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
That is hard. There was so very much music this year. But probably Back it up by Caro Emerald.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?….Both? New year may not be the best time to access although it is a new years quiz
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner, by 25 pounds. Thank you yoga, a physical job and poverty. (no really, Thank you!)
c) richer or poorer? Financially the same, perhaps even richer. Emotionally much richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Traveled, visited friends. Hey that’s the same answer as the last two years. I really should do something about that. Also more things for myself.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Less being frustrated at work. Acceptance of the situation is easier.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
All of my family at my house for a five days. Awesome fun, lots of games and food and drink and Wii bowling.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Definitely with myself a bit more.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Just about anything on the Food Network. Not much other tv this year.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Don’t hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
There are so many, but I think one of the most influential was “How Starbucks saved my life”
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Thanks to Dale there was so much music this year.. Caro Emerald just started it off. But there is too much to list.
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
I got everything I needed, and that’s all I wanted.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn’t actually see a lot of movies, but probably The Fighter.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Chari, Brock, Della, Dale and I had a Wii weekend. I was 46.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lottery.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
32. What kept you sane?
Yoga, Music in general.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I’m still not sure about this word ‘fancy’ however most impressed by would be Lady Gaga.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
My Mom, every day.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
A troupe of fabulous volunteers.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Trials and tribulations really do build character.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Have you ever looked fear in the face
And said I just don’t care
It’s only half past the point of no return
The tip of the iceberg
The sun before the burn
The thunder before lightning
And the breath before the phrase