My Phoebe Buffay moment

img_4906

This is where the smoke detector lived yesterday.  However at 5:20 this morning it went off.  Not in a chirp the battery is dying but full on WAKE YOUR ASSES UP YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE.

I was up, out of bed, lights no.  No smoke.  No fire.  Turned it off, checked everything and went back to bed.  I was a bit shaky.

Five minutes later it went off again.  We got up again and got the thing off the wall.  Lori got in turned off and I tried to open it, thinking it was a dead nine volt battery.  I was twisting and pressing and couldn’t get it open.  Lori of sounder mind, took it from me and read the instructions.  It was a 10 year unit, that once the battery dies it is disposed of completely.

Guess the battery died.  She found the permanent way to turn it off and into the garbage the unit went.

One Response to “My Phoebe Buffay moment”

  1. Katherine Says:

    Did you at least beat it with a shoe a few times?


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: