I made a cake this morning to take to work, it is a co-workers birthday and he requested chocolate.
My boot camp appointment is at 9:00 a.m. so by the time I got home I had just a couple hours before needing to leave for work. Problem was that it was already nearing 90 degrees and I was about to turn on the oven. YIKES.
I baked the cake as quick as I could and turned the oven back off. I actually closed all the doors and windows as soon as I was done and turned on the window AC unit because we still had 10 degrees to go today.
When I went to make the frosting, the cream cheese I had taken out of the refrigerator in the morning was actually too soft, the chocolate chips I was going to melt I could actually squish in between my fingers.
I finished up the cake and put it in the fridge while I got ready for work. Driving it into the office I kept the AC in my car on high just so it didn’t melt all over the place.
I miss baking, however not so much in the 100 degree weather!